Anderson Propane is seeking new employees at our Fredericksburg warehouse location. We are looking to hire Full-time and Part-time/Seasonal CDL Drivers starting immediately.
We are looking for team players with strong customer service, organizational, and industry-specific skills that have the ability to multitask and perform in a busy, fast-paced diversified environment. Applying individuals should be personable, self-motivated, have an outgoing attitude, and desire to work with the public. We offer an excellent opportunity in a pleasant working environment with company benefits.
How to Apply
Please read the below position description to ensure that you have the qualifications needed. Then, please complete and submit the Driver Application and your DMV record via one of the options below. A resume and professional references are strongly encouraged.
Anderson Propane Service
Attn: Job Hiring Team
PO Box 300
Fredericksburg, VA 22404
Fax – (540) 899-0678
Email – email@example.com
Commercial (CDL) Driver Job Description
- Operates a commercial motor vehicle to transport liquid propane (LP) between Anderson Propane Service, Inc. (APS) facilities and customer sites in the Fredericksburg and Richmond region.
- Represents APS in a professional manner to customers.
- Assists with various warehouse and facility operations.
- Strictly adheres to government regulations and APS operating procedures while working independently.
- Vehicles meet Class B designation from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR).
*This position requires a Class B CDL with Tank and HazMat Endorsements and current DOT medical certificate.*
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Communicate with facility management and counterparts to assess daily merchandise delivery and operation needs.
- Assist with planning delivery schedules and routes.
- Safely operate APS commercial vehicles and equipment to transport bulk loads in accordance with APS policies, DOT regulations and local traffic laws.
- Chocks rear wheels of truck before any unloading takes place. Removes chocks before driving away from delivery.
- Perform pre and post-trip vehicle safety inspections.
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs.
- Review and complete shipping documentation including bills of lading, reports, documentation, and automated systems according to standard operating procedures for documentation.
- Review all documents prepared by receiving team members.
- May occasionally operate box trucks, pick-up trucks, flat beds, and/or other vehicles to transport merchandise between APS facilities and customer farms, production sites, and residences.
- Represent Anderson Propane Service in a positive manner by providing reliable and prompt delivery service to customers.
- Review account details, collect payments or provide invoices, and confirm future service with customers.
- Participate in specialized training, certification courses, and/or meetings as requested.
- Learn and develop techniques to enhance job performance and to stay current on industry safety and operational standards.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area by keeping tools, equipment and supplies in proper places. Perform all related cleaning of equipment, vehicle and work areas according to APS procedures.
- Perform work safely as to not cause harm to yourself, customers and property, co-workers, equipment, or inventory.
- Utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Comply with OSHA regulations, Anderson Propane Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards, work rules and policies.
- CDL Drivers and all employees are required to use PPE equipment (masks) and practice safe sanitary practices during the current Covid-19 pandemic per the regulations as adopted by the state of Virginia.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent required.
- Requires two (2) or more years of experience driving with Class B CDL with Tank and HazMat Endorsements.
- Current MVR detailing driving record within Company standards.
- Must pass substance abuse screening and agree to random substance abuse screening as required by Company Policy.
- Must be licensed to operate vehicles meeting Class B designation from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR) with Tank and HazMat Endorsements and current DOT medical certificate.
- Able to work well independently and follow safety, quality control, and operating procedures at all times.
- Computer literacy to operate APS business systems.
- Numeric, oral, and written language applications in an organized and timely manner.
- Able to effectively utilize interpersonal skills to listen and communicate customer service.
- Able to utilize GPS equipment.
- Able to operate a forklift, handcart and other industrial equipment.
- Able to calmly and effectively work with time constraints and deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate team work and flexibility to meet customer and business needs.
- Able to work extended hours to meet business demands.
- Primarily performs essential job functions driving APS commercial motor vehicles, in a warehouse environment that experiences seasonal temperatures and humidity, and outdoors where there may not be protection from weather conditions.
Frequently exposed to hazards including:
- Heating oil, kerosene, diesel, gasoline, butane, and/or liquid propane, and related odors and fumes
- Moving mechanical parts and vehicles
- Vibrations associated with operating a motorized vehicle throughout the workday
- Noise levels where hearing protection is optional per PPE Plan
Schedule requirements will vary during peak and off-peak seasons.
- Extended hours may be required.
- 24/7 On-call or Emergency Service Standby required.
- Ability to report to work on time and in adverse weather conditions is required.
Physical Activities & Requirements
This role requires continuous physical activity to perform essential job functions for the duration of the shift.
- Continuously bend, crouch, stoop
- Drive motorized equipment
- Finger and handle controls, tools and equipment
- Reach with arms and hands for extended periods while driving and operating equipment
- Stand and walk for extended periods on uneven surfaces
- Utilize hands in repetitive motion
- Utilize eye/hand/foot coordination
- Twist back and neck
- Pull, push, lift, and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently balance, kneel, stack, sweep
- Climb steps in and out of vehicle throughout the shift
- Utilize feet in repetitive motion
- Pull, push, lift, carry 50-80 pounds, may be assisted
- Must be able to hear vehicle and equipment sounds, co-workers, and radio
- Must be able to speak to co-workers and customers regarding operations and safety
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
The starting wage for this position is $17-$22 per hour ($35,000- $45,000 annually), but based on experience level; wages will be determined for the full-time or seasonal position.
Commission incentive program
*After your application and MVR Consent Form are received, if we are interested, our hiring team will contact you and wages will be discussed at that time.*
Anderson Propane Service, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected classification.